The Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration has launched a call for evidence to assess the extent to which the Home Office’s immigration functions support the social care sector.
For this latest inspection, the Chief Inspector would be particularly interested to hear from those with knowledge and experience regarding:
- The effectiveness and efficiency of the health and care worker visa route.
- The extent and quality of communication and engagement between the Home Office and the social care sector.
- The current suitability of the Home Office’s licencing system for health and care worker visa sponsorship.
- The effectiveness of the Home Office’s compliance requirements on sponsors, including how these safeguard employees from exploitation.
- The Home Office’s progress towards delivery of their transformation plan, ‘The UK’s Points-Based Immigration System Sponsorship Roadmap’ and the effectiveness of any implemented. changes.
The Chief Inspector is inviting anyone with knowledge and experience of this area to provide evidence for the inspection.
The call for evidence will close on the 26th September 2023.