Good Care Month
What is the Good Care Campaign?
With both an ageing population and individuals of all ages with more complex needs that require additional social care support, there is an increasing requirement to recruit and retain staff in the adult social care sector.
In Hertfordshire alone, we currently need to recruit around 4,000 paid carers each year. The Good Care Campaign is about celebrating the great work you and your staff do each and every day and sharing it via the campaign. It is your chance to engage and inspire the public to consider social care as a great career choice, and recruit more people to work for you.
We are campaigning to raise the profile of the social care sector and to promote the great career opportunities and progression available to those who choose a career in social care.
This January we will not be able to do big events like previous Good Care Month’s. However, there are still ways you can get involved. We want to share both your clients and your staff in the following ways:
1. Ask your clients for one piece of advice to people for the new year, write it out on a board including their first name and send in a photo similar to the image shown below
2. A video message from staff members to tell people about their jobs. A short video snippet can be filmed on their phones as a selfie or you may choose to film it. A minute maximum will have the biggest impact. Your team member/s will need to introduce their name, job title, who they work for and who they support, and could choose one of the following questions to answer after their introduction:
- Why did you choose a career in Care?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What challenges did you overcome when you started your job in Adult Social Care?
- What career progression have you had?
Click here to send your videos and photos. We will share them on our social media, so any information you can provide about the individuals involved will help us share these messages and reach more people who may want to work for you!
Don’t forget to send us your consent to use these photos and videos, whether this is a staff member or a client.
- This is a chance to recognise your staff by having them get involved in this
- Show the public what it is like to work in care helping them make a more informed decision on whether a career in care is the right choice for them
- Boost your staff retention and morale by involving your teams in sharing why they chose a career in care and what they enjoy about the work they do
- Support your recruitment efforts by providing photos and videos we can share to boost your online reputation. Did you know that each year we support double the number of people into care roles in January than every other month via Herts Good Care Recruitment?
- We will continue to use your photos and videos to promote careers in care and your organisation even after January 2021engagement below.
Herts Good Care Recruitment is a fully funded service for HCPA members. We support anywhere from 40 to 80 people in care and support roles each month. Add your job now to showcase your role to potential employees.
The aim of this service is to support new people into jobs in care and to fill any specific vacancies you may have.
We source and pre-screen individuals who have applied for a care or support role to ensure that they have the right values to fit a role in care. From here they will be sent your way if interested in your position to make further contact. At the moment especially there are many more job applicants, people who have lost their jobs in other sectors and so we take out some of that ‘filtering’ through applications as those we send your way have already been contacted to ensure they have the right values and suit your requirements.
You can see more about our service by visiting hertsgoodcare.com/recruit