Join Hertfordshire Care Providers Association
Who can be
a HCPA member?
Anyone who provides adult social care in Hertfordshire can be a member
From Residential and Nursing Homes, Care at Home, Day Services, Nursing Agencies and Hospices to Direct Employers & Supported Living; all are welcome to join HCPA as a member. Membership costs just £60 per site*, annually.
The membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March.
*Price if paid by Direct Debit
Why become a HCPA member?
The majority of Hertfordshire care providers are HCPA members.
By being an HCPA member, you are able to access information, support and advice from a friendly, knowledgeable team in addition to:
HCPA membership is recognised as a quality mark by both HCC and CQC inspectors
Bespoke Care Sector Training from HCPA or our network of Approved Training Providers
Training courses and qualifications for all levels of care staff, such as:
- Care Certificate training and CPD courses
- Health specific topics, and assured Leadership Courses
- Open Courses and Short Qualifications
Access to a range of services designed to support your business
- Herts Care Search (fully-funded) – promote your facilities and bed availability online
- Impartial Assessor (fully-funded) – help speed up hospital discharges with a trusted impartial patient assessment
- The Skills Training and Needs audit – valuable evaluation and quality assurance service with support visits included
- Herts Good Care Recruitment Service (fully-funded)
- A range of services from our Trusted Partners, including: care-specific insurance, HR and legal expertise, catering services, creative business video services, consulting, tender writing, car leasing, and many more…
Building Partnerships and Networking
- Be part of a collective voice for adult social care in Hertfordshire
- Benefit from our close links to the Hertfordshire Health and Social Care
- Join Network Events and Forums, free of charge, to hear the latest updates and share your views
- Use the HCPA membership logo on your marketing materials to demonstrate your engagement
- Attend Manager Forums
- Benefit from the Professional Standards Academy to help support your staff, improve your staff retention, and promote the invaluable role you play in the sector
- Access to Herts Care Partners toolkits
There are 3 levels of HCPA membership:
Click each header to read more…
Standard for subscribed members who regularly attend networking events, study days, forums,
and training opportunities for their staff.
Silver for subscribed members who, in addition to the Standard membership criteria, have at least one member of staff who engages in Leadership training, a Champion Pathway or a Continual Professional Development (CPD) course each year.
Gold for subscribed members who, in addition to the Silver membership criteria, have completed the Herts Care Partners toolkit and passed the assessment, must have achieved an overall “Good” on PAMMS (if applicable), must not be rated “Inadequate” in any of the KLOE with the latest report from CQC (if applicable), and must achieve “Good” overall with CQC (if applicable).
Non-regulated services may achieve ‘Community Gold‘ status by meeting all of the applicable criteria above. For regulated services, we will be additionally looking at PAMMS and KLOE in order to award ‘Gold‘ status.
|Progress your membership status through engagement to Silver & Gold and gain access to a range of exclusive benefits||Silver||Gold|
Herts Care Partners Safeguarding and Resilience toolkits, which are great tools to show inspectors and prospective families that you take an interest in improving your service
|Members receive a Silver or Gold logo to display on marketing materials|
|Members gain access to a supervision toolkit and interactive remote session|
|Care Commissioners will be informed of your organisation’s improved leadership and transparency|
|Members will receive a free 6 C’s Culture Check which can be used to see how your employees view your company culture around commitment, communication, courage, care, competence & compassion|
Are you a Direct Employer?
For just £20, individuals who employ their own care staff can have access to:
- Information and support from a friendly, knowledgeable team with links to the Herts health and social care network
- A wide range of fully-funded and low-cost training
- Free distance learning materials
- The Hertfordshire Good Care Recruitment Service – at no-cost
Not based in Hertfordshire?
If your organisation isn’t based in Hertfordshire, you may only apply for membership with HCPA provided the following two criteria have been met:
- An application is made from a neighbouring county such as:
- The organisation making the application has at least one site within Hertfordshire
Once both of the above criteria have been met, a site of a care organisation may fill out an application form. Upon successful application, the site of a care organisation can benefit from 25% off training, which is usually funded to standard members.
However, the site of a care organisation making the application will not be eligible for discounts on all commercial training. The benefits of Associate Membership will only be offered on the condition that our Terms are met.