Source: Towergate Insurance
Our Trusted Partners at Towergate Insurance have provided an overview of their insurance cover for Homecare providers, which we thought may be useful to our homecare members.
The article includes some FAQs for homecare insurance at the end and details of how to learn more if you are looking to change insurance policies.
To learn more, please read the full article below:
Homecare Insurance from Towergate Insurance
In this ever-evolving market where more and more elderly or vulnerable adults are cared for in their own homes, providers and care business owners need to ensure they are adequately insured to perform their duties away from their own premises.
Towergate’s Homecare insurance policies are aimed at fulfilling most homecare requirements including:
- Personal care
- Nursing care
- Night care
- Care respite services
- Cleaning, cooking and household tasks, shopping, laundry and gardening services
Some of the key policy features of Towergate’s Homecare Insurance are:
Loss of registration
- This places great emphasis on preventing difficulties with the care regulator. Early consultation is advised in order to avoid disputes either developing in the first place, or escalating to the extent that they pose a threat to your business.
- Public/products liability
- Employers’ liability
- Medical malpractice
- Professional indemnity
- Office contents including money and business interruption
- Theft of service users’ possessions
In addition, Towergate offer the following benefits as standard:
24-hour stress helpline
- Working in the care industry can be stressful for both managers and staff. The stress helpline provides support to you and your employees, and helps reduce stress-related absence. It can also demonstrate to an employment tribunal that you have put measures in place to reduce work-related stress. Claims Assist loss recovery service – can provide you with an independent loss adjuster for more complex claims over £5,000.
24-hour legal advice line
- This gives you access to industry-specific qualified solicitors and barristers for impartial advice. This can mean reduced costs for employment law consultancy as well as reducing the likelihood of loss of registration.
Bespoke legal expenses
- This protects you and your business in the event of legal disputes and provides cover for the costs of solicitors, barristers, expert witnesses and court proceedings.
Homecare Concept Policy – Frequently Asked Questions
If a member of staff loses the keys to a service user’s home, does my policy cover this?
If an employee was found to have stolen property or money belonging to a service user, would our policy cover this?
Yes, you are covered up to a maximum of £25,000, if you are legally liable.
Is there any assistance with Human Resource issues such as contracts of employment, policies and procedures or staff handbooks?
Does my policy include abuse cover?
Where can I get advice?
To find out more, please contact our homecare specialists on 0330 123 5172 or visit www.towergateinsurance.co.uk.
Towergate Insurance is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited. Registered Office: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3EN. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.