I just wanted to send a thank you to everyone in the department and everyone who has support us over the last few months where we have had a lot of changes and new tasks to take on. The whole department and support has been brilliant in moving forward with new ways of working and reporting, getting group bookings, new quality processes, as well as creating lots of new courses. I am excited by the subjects we are taking forward as our membership really need these.
We will now be sending out a wall planner every quarter of upcoming courses set against the Skills for Care core and mandatory matrix. The first of these went out on 6th December to all members- Approx. 600 If you haven’t seen our new wall planners yet check them out here (Jenna should have link for this i think on website). The next wall planner will go out in March.
To give you all a flavour of what’s happening find below list of our new topics:
- Moving and Handling Refresher
- First Aid Refresher
- Causes and Spread of Infection
- Decontamination, Cleaning and Waste Management
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control
- Infection prevention and Control Lead
- Medication Governance
- Record-Keeping Audit Processes for Administration and Storage
- Safe Administration of Medication
- Supply, Storage and Disposal of Medication
- How to support individuals to maintain oral health
- Basic Health Observations
- Uti and Hydration
- Stroke Awareness and Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Mental health
- Sensory Loss
- Substance Misuse
- CQC – Understanding Inspections
- Stepping up to a Leadership Role
- Mental Health- Strategies for staff
- Mental health- Leadership Strategies
Here are some of the new areas that we will be developing in the new year-, but haven’t started yet.
- First Aid at Work
- Moving and Handling train the trainer
- Champions- Dementia, Positive Behaviour Support, Nutrition, Pressure care, Medication, End of Life, Neurological and Safeguarding
- Designated Safeguarding Lead
If you come up with any ideas of support you think our members need email Michelle and Peter W.
Once again thank you to everyone across the company for all your hard work to support Education and Quality Improvement, I look forward to a great year ahead 😊