Get fit, go green and save money!
We are happy to announce that HCPA is now part of the national cycle to work scheme.
The scheme allows you to save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike, accessories or even an electric bike when you use them for cycling to work!
We know that for some a cycle to work may be a long haul, but we also know that many staff live locally to The Mundells so may be interested in savings costs by signing up to this scheme.
There’s nothing to pay up front and because you’re paying for it directly from your salary, it helps to make the bike more affordable by spreading the cost.
The scheme also includes electric bikes too – the ideal alternative for a long commute – just a normal bike, but with a little extra assistance whenever you need it.
Great features of the scheme:
- A huge range of bike and brands to choose from
- Available through Halfords, Tredz, & Halfords affiliated independent bike shops
- Safety accessories and upgrades your existing bike included
- Lifetime safety checks
- Lifetime guarantee on Halfords brand bikes
- 10% off all Halfords cycle accessories, parts and clothing
- Access to Halfords and Tredz sales promotions.
Here’s how you benefit:
- Make great savings in tax and National Insurance. (Standard rate taxpayers save 32% and higher rate taxpayers save 42%)
- The cost of the bike is spread making it more affordable
- A calculator tool is available so you can check out the total cost before you place an order
- Save money on fuel and parking costs and get fit
- Access to over 1500 stores throughout the UK and an extensive range of bikes to suit all tastes and budgets
- The support of a dedicated customer service helpdesk.
How do I apply for the Cycle2Work scheme?
- Choose your bike accessories either in-store or online at Halfords so you know exactly how much you’d like to apply for.
- Sign up at www.cycle2work.info and complete a speedy online application. You’ll need an employer code to complete this. Email email@example.com for this.
- Once HCPA has approved your application, you will receive your letter of collection instantly by email – this is what you use to redeem your bike and accessories.
More information and the savings calculator can be found here: https://www.halfords.com/cycling/expert-advice/cycle2work.html