31st October | Panshanger Golf Club | AL7 2ED
Hertfordshire’s local mental health trust (Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust) will be hosting an event specifically for Care Homes on the 31st October 2018. They have taken on board feedback from our members regarding the current service provision available to homes and would like to explore how changes can be made, including Crisis Intervention teams.
Ideally, HPFT would like Managers and deputies from Care Homes across the county to attend, to explore the current concerns and create viable options for the future. HCPA are keen for managers to come and air their views, and allow you to play a key part in shaping services going forward.
Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018
Location: Panshanger Golf Club | Fairway Suite The View | Old Herns Lane | Welwyn Garden City | AL7 2ED
The session will cover:
- What are the challenges for Care Homes in caring for people with Dementia?
- What helps people with Dementia to live well in Care Homes?
- How can HPFT better support Care Homes?
- Reduced Use of Antipsychotic Medication
- Occupational Therapy – Personal Care case study
- Care Home resources – Including ABC charts
- Pathways for Care Homes for older people with suspected mental health needs
The day will be run by key managers within HPFT who can help shape change.