In SCILS’ latest email bulletin they linked to a useful ‘What Works’ guide from the NHS about Hearing Loss and Healthy Ageing, which we thought our members may be interested in. Access the free guide here for more information.
SCILS is a fantastic online resource where you can access a broad range of learning materials. All HCPA members can access the learning materials and facilities available on SCILS’ website at no extra cost, as we have paid for the Hertfordshire subscription to SCILS for our members. New materials are added regularly, and most recently they have added:
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards – In Brief
- Asthma and other Respiratory Conditions
- Personal and Professional Relationships – the differences
- An introduction to Working Positively with People at Risk of Suicide and Those Bereaved through Suicide
- Safeguarding Adults – Recognising Adult Abuse
- Reminiscence Work – Memory and Creativity
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Supporting People who are Deafblind – An Introduction
What else is available on the SCILS/EILS websites?
- Individual Learning Sessions
- Multiple Choice Tests
- Group Learning Sessions
- Care Certificate Programme and Online Evidence Booklet
- Personal Development Plans
- Assessor and Verifier Guidance
- Manager’s Induction Standards
- News Desk
- Discussions Board
How to access:
- It’s easy for our members to access the above completely free of charge. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01707 536020 to receive a registration number.
- Once you have the registration number visit the SCILS website and click on ‘Register’. Use the registration number you have been given to create a username and password so you can log in and out whenever you like.