Thank you to everyone who took part!
National Falls Prevention Week 24th – 28th September 2018
In the midst of National Falls Prevention Week, we held our largest Falls Prevention Awareness Day to date!
Here are some photos from the day:
“Falls prevention training is a must for all senior carers and managers in the care sector. Not everyone knows everything. There’s always something new to learn.”
“Really enjoyed the day, very informative and an amazing atmosphere, thank you. I will be referring others!”
|Have you downloaded our StopFalls Mobile App yet?
Have your StopFalls resources with you on-the-go with the HCPA app.
Android User – Download from Google Play Store
IOS User – Access via www.stopfallsapp.info
- Why is the StopFalls Campaign so important?Unaddressed fall hazards in the home are estimated to cost NHS England £435 million
- In 2013 to 2014. there were around 255,000 emergency hospital admissions related to falls among patients aged 65 and over, with around 173,000 (68%) of these patients aged 80 and over
- Falls were the ninth highest cause of disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) in England in 2013 and are the leading cause of injury in older people
- The total cost of fragility fractures in the UK has been estimated at £4.4 billion which includes £1.1 billion for social care. Hip fractures account for around £2 billion of this sum
- A review of long-term disability found that around 20% of hip fracture patients entered long-term care in the first year after fracture
It’s not too late to get involved! Join us in our study days to learn more on preventing and intervening with falls!
By understanding the common causes of falls with prevention tips, in-depth discussions, risk assessment tutorials and problem-solving with case studies it is possible to identify falls risk and prevent falls.
|Residential and Nursing
|Chair Based Exercise Instructor course – starting 16th October (4 day course)
|Falls Intervention – 12th November
|Equipment & Technology related to Falls – 17th October
|Equipment & Technology related to falls – 22nd November
|Falls Intervention – 5th November
|Falls Prevention – 6th December
|Falls Prevention -14th November
Visit www.hcpa.info/stopfalls for more guidance, information, education and downloadable content!