Run by East and North Hertfordshire CCG
“With antibiotic resistance increasing, we need to work together to ensure that these precious drugs are used correctly. This course will enable delegates to accurately identify the symptoms of UTI, and thus only request antibiotics when they are needed. It will also empower delegates to prevent UTIs from occurring in residents, by demonstrating the importance of hydration and hygiene.”
Rachel Joyce, Medical Director, East and North Hertfordshire CCG
These half-day events will consist of four workshops covering issues relating to the prevention, recognition and management of urinary tract infections in care home residents.
UTIs can often have a devastating impact on frail individuals, ranging from delirium and falls to fatal blood infections. We would therefore like to encourage you to book places on these events for your staff members.
• Recognising Deterioration – Understanding, Prevention and Symptoms
• The Importance of Hydration – Awareness of Triggers, Management and Recognition
• Urinary Tract infections in the Elderly – Diagnosis Tool and Use of Dip Sticks
• Indwelling Urinary Catheter Care – Types, Effectiveness and Blockages
Refreshments and lunch will be provided, along with a folder containing a certificate of attendance and other useful resources from the day.
Please note: Places are initially limited to two individuals per organisation. See available dates below.
Time: 9am – 2pm
1. Wednesday 18th July- Hatfield – book here
2. Wednesday 1st August- Stevenage –book here
3. Wednesday 15th August- Broxbourne – book here
If you have any questions about the UTI training please email us on email@example.com