Dementia Action Week unites people, workplaces, schools and communities to take action and improve the lives of people living with dementia.
In support of Dementia Action Week 2019, we are running a fully funded Tier 2 Approaches to Dementia course; the details of which are as follows:
Date: Tuesday | 28th of May
Time: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Venue: HCPA, Mundells Campus, Mundells, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1FT
The content of the Tier 2 Approaches to Dementia course has a clear focus of what dementia is and goes into more detail explaining the varied types and what impact this may have on the individual.
The course will also detail the best practice approaches to supporting a person, seeing them and not the disability, as well as having more of a person centred approach to all daily living activities.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explore the myths to Dementia
- Do’s and don’ts of communication
- Evaluate the impact of Maslows in relation to best practice approaches to dementia care
- Evaluate Person centred environments and how these affect the person
- Promote best practice approaches
- Be able to look beyond the disability and see the ability