Skills for Health have launched their new Learning Disabilities Core Skills Education and Training Framework.
This framework sets out the essential skills and knowledge necessary for all staff involved in learning disability care.
The framework is particularly relevant to members who support people with learning disabilities. Use of the framework will support members to:
- Standardise the interpretation of learning disabilities education and training
- Guide the focus and aims of learning disabilities education and training delivery
- Ensure the educational relevance of learning disabilities training
- Improve the quality and consistency of education and training provision
The framework also supports the assessment of competence, training needs analysis and provision of minimum standards of performance within performance management systems (e.g. as part of supervision or appraisal).
Do you have internal trainers? Did you know that you can become an HCPA approved Internal Training Provider and claim back funding on the in house training that you deliver?
HCPA is currently able to pay £40 per delegate for a full day course and £20 per delegate for a half day course to a maximum cap of £1000 per organisation.
Contact us today to find out how to become an approved training provider and start claiming for the in-house training you deliver.
Call: 01707 536020
We are currently able to fund the following courses:
- Administration of Medication
- Communication Skills
- First Aid
- Food Safety
- Care of the Dying/ Palliative Care
- Challenging Behaviour
- Catheter Care
- Continence Care
- Dementia Care
- Deprivation of Liberty
- Dignity into Care
- Epilepsy & Epilepsy Medication
- Equality and Diversity
- Falls and Fragility
- Fire Safety
- Health & Safety
- Infection Control
- Mental Capacity Act Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Moving & Handling
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological Conditions
- Nutrition & Diet
- Person-Centred Care Planning
- Report Writing Skills
- Safeguarding of Adults at Risk
- Sensory Impairment
- Staff Supervision
- Strokes and Stroke Care
- Syringe Drivers
- Wound Care