Sharon Davies (Chief Executive, HCPA) and Iain Macbeath (Director of Health and Community Services, HCC) represented Hertfordshire at the recent NCASC conference in Manchester for SCIE.
The presentation focused on the pioneering partnership work between providers, the county council and clinical providers within Hertfordshire. HCPA takes every possible opportunity to work in integrated partnerships to make sure providers have a voice and receive the best possible services.
To view the presentation delivered please click here.
The Complex Care Premium has been running as an integrated project for two years now and has seen some great successes.
Some of these include:
- Reduction in hospital admissions
- Lower ED (A&E) attendances
- More confident staff teams
- Improved relationships and communications with professionals
- Enhanced wound and falls prevention in place
To see what one of our Complex Care Premium homes think of the project, click here.
In addition to the Complex Care Premium HCPA have developed the following intgrated care solutions:
- Complex Care Access and Foundation– These programmes can be undertaken prior to completing the complex care premium. For more information please click here.;
- Care Home Impartial Assessor – This service is currently running from Lister Hospital in Stevenage and soon to be running from Watford General hospital too. For more information on this role please click here;
- Hertfordshire Red Bag (in development) – This initiative is designed to improve processes for the transfer of documentation, medication and patient’s personal belongings going in and out of hospital. This will improve patient experience and give quicker, more appropriate care. Click here to see the NEW Red Bag animation.