The HCPA Data Protection Team provide free fully funded support as part of the national Better Security Better Care programme to all registered care providers in Hertfordshire & Essex.
In the last year over 50% of care providers in Hertfordshire and Essex have demonstrated that they are managing data protection and cyber security risks by publishing their Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT). HCPA’s Data Protection Team have supported many of these providers.
What is the Data Security and Protection Toolkit?
- This toolkit allows providers to assert compliance with their data protection legal obligations and manage cyber security risks, such as the current critical cyber vulnerability “LogJam”.
- Publishing this toolkit also unlocks digital platforms such as online ordering of medication and free secure email (NHSMail).
- If your service is already GDPR compliant, completing and publishing the toolkit should take no more than 20 mins.
- Currently any providers using NHS system are contractually obliged to publish this annual toolkit. Increasingly local authorities are also making DSPT a requirement for commissioned providers.
- For more information about DSPT, please see this short video.
How do we help?
- The Team can signpost providers to free Data Protection training and can provide all the templates and tools to make publishing the toolkit simple.
- The team offer information webinars which introduce the toolkit and help providers to register, plus we guide care providers through the 43 questions required to achieve Standards Met.
- We even have a dedicated phoneline and mailbox to answer any questions you may have.
- Act now – Our free, fully funded support has been extended to 31/03/22.
- For more information, or to register for an online information session, please click here. Alternatively, we are more than happy to arrange one-to-one online support sessions, where we assist you to complete and publish your toolkit.
- Get in touch DataProtection@HCPA.co.uk / 01707 708018 to find out more about how we can support you.