Role and Responsibilities
The Compliance Lead is responsible for ensuring the organisation is following legislative and regulatory frameworks. They oversee auditing and competency checks and take responsibility for policies. In some organisations, this role may be separated into multiple Champions taking responsibility for specific areas of care, while in others the responsibilities may be undertaken by Team Leaders.
- Keeping up to date with legislative changes
- Working with Trainer to ensure all staff are adequately trained
- Auditing and performing competency checks
- Following up with issues identified on audits and/or competency checks
- Providing updates at team meetings where necessary
Trainers must have completed the Care Certificate and any training identified for Care Staff.