Succession Planning and Continuing Professional Development Leadership Course
We are pleased to inform you HCPA are Skills for Care Endorsed and have also been awarded “Centre of Excellence” in 2021. Therefore, we can provide endorsed training and signpost you to relevant resources within the Skills for Care network.
Fully funded Succession Planning and Continuing Professional Development Leadership Course
This programme provides new and aspiring leaders to become knowledgeable, confident, and competent at leading your teams. Learning experience will be through course contents, experience and knowledge of HCPA’s leadership team plus provides an opportunity to become part of a small group of peers from other organisations within the same sector to learn from each other, support and develop together.
The second stage now supports those leaders who want to further develop and concentrate on transforming their service.
Skills for Care have endorsed HCPA’s Leadership Programmes and both stages are fully funded. Course content has been specifically written to focus on:-
- Person-Centred Care
- Improving the quality of care services across Hertfordshire
- Focus on all KLOES especially Well Led and Safe
- Succession Planning for you, your team and your service
If you’re looking to develop into a new role and want to increase your knowledge and skills; or you are in an existing role looking to freshen up and stretch your knowledge, skills and learn from peers complete our Expression of Interest Form and we will make contact with you to discuss the most suitable course and stage for you.
Topics covered in this training include:
- Understanding Team Dynamics
- Behaviour of Leaders
- Developing a great culture & person-centred planning leading to positive outcomes.
- Recruitment & Retention
- Effective Supervision & Coaching
- Change Management + Managing Difficult Conversations
- Preparing for Inspections
- Know yourself – Looking inwards
- Leading successful service
- Leading high performing teams
- Beyond Boundaries
- Recruitment & Retention
- Reflective Practice & Root Cause Analysis
- Systems Leadership – working together with health partners
HCPA’s Leadership Trainers have worked extensively within the Social Care sector holding a range of positions to include owning Domiciliary Services, Operations Directors, Head of Learning & Development, Quality & Compliance Manager, new business starts ups, Supported Living Manager and bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to support you to develop yourself, your team and service.
Learning Outcomes include:
|Stage 1 – Succession Planning|
|Stage 2 – CPD|
Criteria for joining Leadership Programme:
- Previous attendance of at least one HCPA Leadership Course
- Completion of Expression of Interest Form
- Consultation meeting with Leadership Trainer or Team Member to discuss and agree most suitable stage for you and your service*
- Should circumstances change and we need to adapt to online learning then access to Zoom will be required.
- All 5 days to be attended to secure funding and maximise on learning opportunities.
What you will get out of our programme:
- HCPA Certificate
- Skills for Care Certificate
- HCPA Teambuilding Certificate
- Points on The Care Professional Standards Academy
- Access and support to further funding opportunities
- Toolkits to support with further development
* Please note Succession Planning or CPD will be agreed after consultation with a Leadership Trainer or Team Member, and cannot be pre-determined.