Who can be
a HCPA member?
Anyone who provides adult social care in Hertfordshire can be a member
From Residential and Nursing Homes, Care at Home, Day Services, Nursing Agencies and Hospices to Direct Employers & Supported Living; all are welcome to join HCPA as a member. Membership costs just £60 per site*, annually.
The membership year usually runs from 1st April to 31st March. Apply TODAY to make the most of your membership benefits until 31st March 2023**.
*Price if paid by Direct Debit
**Please note: Benefits are subject to change
Why become a HCPA member?
The majority of Hertfordshire care providers are HCPA members.
By being an HCPA member, you are able to access information, support and advice from a friendly, knowledgeable team in addition to:
HCPA membership is recognised as a quality mark by both HCC and CQC inspectors
Bespoke Care Sector Training from HCPA or our network of Approved Training Providers
Training courses and qualifications for all levels of care staff, such as:
- Care Certificate training and CPD courses
- Health specific topics, and Leadership Courses
- Open Courses and Short Qualifications
- Subject specific information sessions and webinars
- Access to bespoke Leadership Training including endorsed Skills For Care subjects
Access to a range of services designed to support your business
- Impartial Assessor (fully-funded) – help speed up hospital discharges with a trusted impartial patient assessment
- The Skills Training and Needs Analysis – Valuable evaluation to quality assure your staff training requirements
- Employment of new staff through the Herts Good Care Recruitment service (fully-funded)
- A range of services from our Trusted Partners, including: discounted products such as protective and safety equipment, care-specific insurance, HR and legal expertise, catering services, creative business video services, consulting, tender writing, car leasing, and many more…
- Access the Impartial Feedback Service (available post-COVID) – Find out what staff, service users, families and professionals say about your service
- Utilise toolkits and checklists to help you quality assure your business
- Manager Coaching and Mentoring including support in a crisis
- Support line for EU staff relating to Brexit
- Herts Care Search (fully-funded) – Residential services can promote their facilities and bed availability online (pending confirmation for 2021)
Building Partnerships and Networking
- Access to a COVID-19 support line
- Be part of a collective voice for adult social care in Hertfordshire
- Benefit from our close links to the Hertfordshire Health and Social Care network
- Join Network Events, forums and virtual information sessions, free of charge, to hear the latest updates and share your views
- Use the HCPA membership logo on your marketing materials to demonstrate your engagement
- Attend subject specific webinars on high profile topics
- Benefit from the Care Professional Standards Academy to help support your staff, improve your staff retention, and promote the invaluable role you play in the sector
- Access all your staff training in one place through the Care Professional Standards Academy Provider Portal
There are 3 levels of HCPA membership:
Click each header to read more…
Standard for subscribed members who regularly attend networking events, study days, forums,
and training opportunities for their staff.
Silver for subscribed members who, in addition to the Standard membership criteria, have at least one member of staff who engages in Leadership training each year.
Gold for subscribed members who, in addition to the Silver membership criteria, have completed the NEW 2021 Herts Care Partners toolkit and passed the assessment, must have achieved an overall “Good” on PAMMS and not received “Inadequate” in any criteria (if applicable), and must achieve “Good” overall with CQC and not received “Inadequate” in any criteria (if applicable).
Non-regulated services may achieve ‘Community Gold‘ status by meeting all of the applicable criteria above. For regulated services, we will be additionally looking at PAMMS and KLOE in order to award ‘Gold‘ status.
» Click here to view details and criteria on becoming a Gold Member
View our current 2022/2023 Gold Members below…
|Druglink Ltd||Druglink is a substance misuse charity based in Hertfordshire. Our objective is to change the future for people who are, or could be, affected by substance misuse. We achieve this through Addiction Treatment, Housing Solutions, Education and Training. You can find out more about us at www.druglink.co.uk.|
|RNJ Care Ltd - Rosslyn Residential Care|
|St George's Nursing Home|
|Villa Scalabrini||Established in 1986, Villa Scalabrini welcomes individuals from all cultures, religions and nationalities to our Roman Catholic care home in Shenley-Hertfordshire. Beautifully situated within 25 acres of attractive gardens, our accommodation is arranged in 'village' living areas with each person enjoying their own comfortable en-suite bedroom, communal lounge, dining room, kitchenette and assisted bathroom. Villa Scalabrini foster lives at all times and strive to be a home where individuals live meaningful, fulfilling and dignified lives. The human and compassionate touch of person centred care. Proud to be Villa Scalabrini!|
|Watford Sheltered Workshop||Watford Workshop has provided supported employment, work experience, independent life skills and functional education training to adults with disabilities for almost 60 years. The Workshop gives purpose, develops social skills and helps to create friendship groups. This positively impacts inclusion in society, combats isolation and improves mental health and wellbeing.|
|Next Steps - Hertfordshire||Next Steps provides person-centred support for adults and children with learning disabilities, autism, and complex needs across the country. We have successfully transitioned many of our clients, even those with the most complex needs and challenging behaviour to re-integrate and be part of their communities, empowering and enabling them to lead the lives they choose.|
|Sunnyside Rural Trust||Sunnyside Rural Trust is a thriving charity and social enterprise offering training and work experience for vulnerable people. They train people with learning disabilities, across Dacorum in Hemel Hempstead, Berkhamsted and Northchurch, to acquire skills in a number of rural & therapeutic activities.|
|Constantia Care||Constantia Live-in and Domiciliary Care are a dedicated, highly trained team who strive to deliver home care excellence in London, the Home Counties and Nationwide. Our aim is to enable our clients to live the life they choose with dignity and respect by offering bespoke packages of care tailored to their needs.|
|Home Instead - St Albans|
|Compassion Plus Care|
|Fortis Care||Fortis Care support adults with learning disabilities, Mental health, and Autism. We are committed and passionate in delivering the highest quality care and services to the people we care and support, in line with their needs, wishes and aspirations. Our commitment is to provide a variety of opportunities, outcomes, and choices by offering an individualised person-centred service. We believe by doing this, we maximise an individual’s dreams, ambitions, and goals and unlock their full potential.|
|Progress your membership status through engagement to Silver & Gold and gain access to a range of exclusive benefits||Silver||Gold|
|Members receive a Silver or Gold logo to display on marketing materials|
|Members gain access to a supervision toolkit and interactive remote training session|
|Care commissioners will be informed of your organisations improved leadership and transparency|
Contact us and we will support you to apply for membership over multiple sites. Call us today on 01707 536020 or email email@example.com
Are you a Direct Employer?
For just £20, individuals who employ their own care staff can have access to:
- Information and support from a friendly, knowledgeable team with links to the Herts health and social care network
- A wide range of fully-funded and low-cost training
- Free distance learning materials
- PA Direct – source PA’s via PA Direct Hertfordshire
If you are interested in becoming a Direct Employer member with HCPA, please call us on 01707 536020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not based in Hertfordshire?
If your organisation isn’t based in Hertfordshire, you may only apply for membership with HCPA provided the following two criteria have been met:
- An application is made from a neighbouring county such as:
- The organisation making the application has at least one site within Hertfordshire
Once both of the above criteria have been met, a site of a care organisation may fill out an application form. Upon successful application, the site of a care organisation can benefit from 25% off training, which is usually funded to standard members.
However, the site of a care organisation making the application will not be eligible for discounts on all commercial training. The benefits of Associate Membership will only be offered on the condition that our Terms are met.
Click here for our most up to date Terms & Conditions.
If you have any questions on membership, please call us on 01707 536020 or email email@example.com