Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course provides the knowledge behind risk positive approach. It highlights the importance of risk positive care for individuals with disabilities. It explores how to take a person-centred approach to enable individuals to take risks and how to balance risk-taking with duty of care. Legislative context is also covered.
“• Explain the social model of disability and how one’s own actions may enable a person or disable them
• Outline the importance of a positive, person-centred approach to risk
• Describe how to support people with a learning disability to develop and continue their interests, social life and community involvement and know why this is important
• Explain rights in relation to reasonable adjustments when accessing and using services
• Describe how to support people with a learning disability to retain, regain or develop skills for everyday life and take part in meaningful occupations and activities
• Recognise the kinds of support people with a learning disability may need when experiencing significant changes in their lives”
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality.
Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.