Role and Responsibilities
Activities Coordinator’s organise social activities and events for residents. These may include events within the home, trips for residents and entertainers visiting to perform.
Responsibilities may include:
- Booking external suppliers to provide entertainment
- Talking with residents to discover the types of activities they would like to do
- Organising activities for different interests and ability levels to ensure all residents have access
- Assisting people to take part in activities
- Booking and organising transport for activities outside of the home
Skills and Experience
Your induction will include necessary training such as health and safety, first aid and moving and handling. Additional specific training such as autism awareness, communication skills or working with people with dementia may be offered.
It might be useful to have experience working in a similar role or with vulnerable adults. you can gain this experience through a work placement, from your personal life, through volunteering or as part of a traineeship or apprenticeship.
Activities Coordinators must have completed the Care Certificate.