Role and Responsibilities
You’ll carry out office tasks to support the organisation in a range of areas.
Administration and office staff could work in lots of different settings including a day centre, hospice, care home, advice centre or in the community.
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries
- Reception duties such as welcoming visitors or showing customers around
- Assisting people who need care and support to find the right care services for them
- Managing the diary of management staff
- Arranging and supporting meetings including preparing agendas and writing minutes
Skills and experience
You’ll need to be able to evidence good English and maths skills, as well as the key values and behaviours to work in social care.
You could progress into a more senior administration role or branch out into another support role.
You might also want to move into a direct care role such or progress into a social care leadership role. You could do a qualification whilst working, which your employer might be able to fund for you.
Administrators must have completed the Care Certificate and any training identified for Care Staff.