Role and Responsibilities
Trainers are responsible for the coordination of staff learning and development. They design and deliver training sessions to staff and assess knowledge to explore training needs and the effectiveness of existing sessions.
- Designing and delivering training where appropriate and commissioning training from external providers where necessary
- Assessing staff to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge for their roles
- Evaluating training sessions
- Keeping and monitoring training records for staff
- Supporting staff who are completing qualifications
- Identifying training needs of staff
Trainers must have completed the Care Certificate and any training identified in the Care Staff table.
Click here to see the table for Care Staff.
Skills and Experience
You usually need to have some experience in a training or teaching role or a relevant qualification in a subject such as education or training.
It might also be useful to have some experience working in social care and health and have a social care qualification such as a Diploma in Health & Social Care.
Training Needs for Trainer
In order to be a trainer, you must have completed Train the Trainer in your relevant subject areas, or an Award In Education & Training if you have extensive experience of the subjects you will teach.