In partnership with Hertfordshire County Council, your staff can access our county-wide Employee Assistance Programme, particularly if you think a staff member needs extra mental health, anxiety, stress or bereavement support relating to COVID-19. We understand what care staff may be going through during this period and in the difficult weeks ahead.
- Your staff may be caring for people who have been affected by the coronavirus;
- They may have to deal with an unusual number of deaths;
- They may have family members who are affected; or
- They be symptomatic or have gone through the virus themselves.
Throughout all of this, they will also be dealing with the uncertainty of the situation together with an increased workload.
How to access this support
- If you are a care provider in Hertfordshire, and you think that your staff member needs some extra support during this time, please contact our friendly team on firstname.lastname@example.org or ask them to send a text message to 07520 649 448
- We will then arrange access to this support for your staff member.
The Employee Assistance Programme uses a range of apps, websites and telephone counselling support for those who need it most. The service can assist with issues of stress, anxiety, mental health and bereavement as well as many other areas and is the UK leader in the field.
This service is only available to individuals who work in social care in Hertfordshire who need it most, and we ask that they do not pass any given information after they have accessed the service onto anyone else, but you can ask them to contact us on the email and number above.
As part of this service, where appropriate, we will also signpost staff, if needed to other local and nationally offered services such as HPFT or Skills for Care who offer further counselling for care staff and registered managers.