This Herts Valleys CCG document aims to provide a local and practical approach to the treatment of non-cognitive symptoms in dementia, including guidance on de-prescribing of antipsychotics. It includes:
- Guidance for prescribers
- A suggested tapering protocol when reducing and stopping antipsychotics
- Practical tips on dose reduction
- Guidance for care practitioners
- Common side effects of antipsychotic
- Practical guidance and ideas to support a person with non-cognitive symptoms in dementia
The guidance has been circulated to GPs across Herts Valleys CCG.