There has been a website developed for people with learning disability (and carers) to access to ‘help with their health’.
This website can be accessed using the link www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/LDmyhealth
The website currently includes:
– Easy-read Leaflets regarding Community Learning Disability Nursing, Health Liaison Team and Specialist Epilepsy Nurses (Useful for when discussing a possible referral with someone).
– Information regarding Annual Health Checks with printable documents: Carers Preparation Tool, Easy Read Checklist.
– Information regarding Purple Folders with printable easy-read information. Provides contact details to get a purple folder and extra pages.
– List of Purple Star Services in Hertfordshire. (The Purple Star a quality kite mark and is offered to all health providers who are willing to review their service, to undertake training and improvements to provide a reasonably adjusted, equitable service for people with a Learning Disability).
– ‘How to Stay Healthy’ is a section that has printable easy read health information: Breast monitoring, Testicle monitoring and Constipation Monitoring.