As COVID-19 is an ever changing picture, we are taking this opportunity to give you an update on what we are doing. We are currently working on comprehensive information for providers regarding COVID-19.
- We are planning a multi-agency call centre with Hertfordshire County Council – this is likely to be available later on this week (we will email you with a specific number to call). In the meantime, please call HCPA (01707 536 020) or Hertfordshire County Council (03001 234 050).
- We have produced a dedicated web-page for all updated Coronavirus related information available here, for all providers.
- Watch the presentations of Professor Jim McManus (Public Health Hertfordshire) and HCPA’s Karen Green (RGN) available here presented at our most recent Members network event.
- Download the Infection Prevention & Control work-time learning session Powerpoint presentation available here, which you can cascade to your staff. This is not specifically barrier nursing, so we have asked Public Health for more advice on this and we will share this as soon as we get it.
- We are in the process of putting together a FAQ for providers with Hertfordshire County Council and partners, which we will share on our website as soon as it is ready and we will keep updating it as the advice changes. Please look out for this here.
- Training at HCPA will continue as normal unless we contact you directly. Please be aware that this scenario could change on a daily basis. It is our priority to keep the Care Certificate running, as we know it is crucial for new people coming into services need this ‘safe-to-practice’ guidance. We will be working on releasing more videos, which can be used during this emergency period, particularly around infection control.
- Please keep looking at our webpage for updated information on COVID-19 within Hertfordshire as well as the following government websites:
- View guidance from The Care Provider Alliance for Adult Social Care providers, which provides advice and information on infection prevention and control available here.
- We are hoping for more national guidance for Social Care this week as well as plans for Personal Protective Equipment stocks and will keep you updated.
- If you need outbreak advice, please contact:
Out of hours for health professionals only: 01603 481 221
- If you are concerned about the health of someone, please call 111 or of course 999 in an emergency.