Key points for cleaning:
- Pay greater attention to frequently touched surfaces.
- Clean communal areas as soon as possible is an individual with suspected symptoms has been there.
- The frequency of cleaning should be increased due to COVID-19.
- Ensure that the correct cleaning and disinfectant products are used.
Correct cleaning and disinfectant products include:
- Disinfectant wipes that conform to EN standards 14476.
- A combined detergent disinfectant solution at a dilution of 1000 parts per million (ppm) available chlorine (av. cl.) or a neutral purpose detergent followed by disinfection (1000 ppm av. cl.).
And remember to always follow manufacturer’s instructions for dilution, application and contact times for all detergents and disinfectants
Linen and Laundry
- All linen used by Service Users with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 should be managed as ‘infectious’ linen
- It must be handled, transported and processed in a manner that prevents exposure of staff, contamination of their clothing and the environment
- Do not rinse, shake or sort linen
- A laundry receptacle (skip) should be available as close as possible to the point of use for immediate linen deposit
- All linen should be handled inside the patient room/cohort area
- Utensils –Use a dishwasher as much as possible. Use the highest temperature the dishes can tolerate