Course fee: Non-member: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded*
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course provides the knowledge behind risk positive approaches. It highlights the importance of risk positive care for individuals living with dementia. It explores how to take a person-centred approach to enable individuals to take risks and how to balance risk-taking with duty of care. Legislative context is also covered.
• Describe how to support individuals to meet their daily living needs
• Explain how activities can be adapted to suit an individual’s changing needs
• Outline how to incorporate assistive technology to support self-care and meaningful activity
• Explain how to support individuals to continue their interests, social life and community involvement and know why this is important
• Recognise the role of family and carers in enabling people living with dementia to live well
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
*Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.
Please note: Bookings of more than two delegates per site may be amended to allow access to all member organisations at the discretion of HCPA.
Delegates who are late may not be admitted into the training and a cost incurred.