Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded*
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course is suited for leaders and managers working in the field of dementia who have responsibility of running, developing and planning services.
The course will aid delegates to identify and implement a culture of person-centred dementia care in the service
• Understand the different types of dementia and differentiate between them
• Understand the importance of an approach to risk reduction which challenges myths and stigma
• Understand the value of person-centred care in therapeutic relationships and communication
• Understand the importance of person-centred approaches in the management and development of services
• Understand the potential for dilemmas arising when there are different needs and views
• Understand the impact that discrimination may have
• Understand legislation such as Equality Act 2010 and Human Rights Act 1998
• Understand the options available when informed consent maybe compromised
• Understand the importance of quality assurance and service improvement
• Understand how to ensure team members are trained and supported to meet the needs of those living with dementia
• Understand the importance of demonstrating leadership in delivering compassionate person-centred care
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
*Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.