In response to a recent ICS Wellbeing Subgroup , the ‘Here for You’ service has confirmed the following development with the service:
- Due to little demand for the 0344 phone number and increased utilisation of the e-self referral portal, the phone number will no longer pass staff users to call centres for processing out of hours.
- For the ‘Here for You’ (Herts) team this will also apply in daytime working hours. ‘Here for You’ (Essex) continues to answer calls between 8:30am and 5:00pm with the main function to manage appointments. There is no direct telephone access to clinicians.
- Assets (e.g. posters) will demote the number.
- The phone number will have a message signposting staff users to the webpage to use the e-self referral portal or email ‘Here for You’ with their contact details if preferred.
- This service is not a crisis service and their phone message will detail where urgent or immediate support can be accessed in these circumstances
Although we are aware this may concern some people, the team have monitored their telephone use over the past months and found there is minimal use of the telephone line. They do not believe this change will impact on the quality of the service delivery and it means significant funds can be redistributed from the call centres to extend clinical support of your staff.
Thank you for your continued support of Here For You