We currently have 2 new and exciting courses to offer, starting from August. These courses are both fully funded by Step 2 Skills.
Independent You – Non-accredited Community Learning
This course will be delivered over 4 weeks, 3 hours once a week and is designed for people you support who would like to
- Discover what independence is, learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and know why this is important for them.
- Understand how good nutrition and physical activity help towards improving health and ultimately, independence.
- Understand how to achieve personal progression goals.
- Learn to prepare for volunteering roles in the local community.
- Develop safe digital skills to remain independent.
Employability Skills – Accredited
This course will be delivered over 10 weeks, 3 hours once a week and is designed for people you support who want to –
- How to be motivated
- Coping with change
- Importance of mindset
- Handling information in the workplace
- Following instructions
- Working as a team
- Being independent
- Maintaining good health and wellbeing
Learners will be given workbooks to support them with their weekly activities and track their learning and development; this is an area where staff can have fun with the learners even outside of the sessions! Tutors will be there to support the learners achieve via observation. Activities will be tailored to suit the learners. All courses will be delivered on your site. Flexibility is possible for dates and time if needed.
If you have people in your services that would benefit from either of the fully funded short courses, and you have available staff who are willing and able to support learning, please complete the expression of interest form here and HCPA will be in touch.