Source: The Hospice of St. Francis
The Hospice of St. Francis is running a day workshop to promote increased understanding of the needs of seldom heard communities within palliative care. This workshop will cover:
- Setting the scene: Who does actually access palliative care?
- What is the reality for seldom heard communities including the LGBT community, travelling community, homeless community, Black & Ethnic communities and People with learning disabilities.
- Identifying useful tools and strategies to help overcome challenges faced by such communities
- How should palliative care services respond?
Who should attend?
All clinical staff who want to ensure palliative care services are available to all.
Who will be speaking?
- Eunice Sirkett, Lecturer, University of Hertfordshire
- Jon Mann-Smith, Workforce Development Manager, New Hope Trust
- Louise Jenkins, Strategic Liaison Nurse, Adult Disability Services
- Nicky Wood, Lecturer Practitioner
- Isabel Hospice
Date: Thursday | 12th March 2020
Time: 09:30 – 16:00
Venue: Acorn Suite, The Hospice of St. Francis
Cost: £10 per person
How to book?