- This course has passed.
Urinary Tract Infection and Hydration
16 October - 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
This course will teach delegates the definition of hydration, while exploring the causes, prevention, and management of dehydration. This course will also explore what is meant by a ‘urinary tract infection’, its causes, and how to prevent and manage the infection.
- Know what hydration and dehydration mean and how they link with a person’s health
- Understand why the elderly are more vulnerable to dehydration
- Be aware of types of illnesses that can cause dehydration
- Be able to describe how to prevent and manage dehydration with oral intake
- List medication and treatment that put elderly people at risk of dehydration
- Recognise when medical care is needed for people with signs of dehydration
Requirements and Suitability
This course is suitable for all types of care staff working within any type of adult care service