- This course has passed.
Urinary Tract Infection and Hydration
16 March - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please note, this training has been cancelled until further notice
- The meaning of Hydration and Dehydration
- Causes of Dehydration
- Prevention of Dehydration
- Management of Dehydration
- The meaning of urinary tract infection
- Causes of urinary tract infection
- Prevention of urinary tract infection
- Management of urinary tract infection
By the end of the sessions you will be able to:
- Know what hydration and dehydration mean and how they link in with health
- Understand why the elderly are more vulnerable to dehydration
- Be aware of types of illnesses that can cause dehydration
- Describe how to prevent and manage dehydration with oral intake
- List medications and treatments that put elderly people at risk of dehydration
- Recognise when medical care is needed for people with the signs of dehydration
To understand the importance of hydration in the elderly and those people requiring support with hydration and nutrition. Being aware of the causes of urinary tract infection and how to prevent infection occurring in people that are susceptible.
» Cancellation policy applies
Disclaimer: Please note that this course is fully funded for Standard, Silver and Gold members only. Associate Members will incur a cost for this training. For more details, please email email@example.com before booking.