- This course has passed.
Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings (Accredited qualification) – Cohort 2
11 October - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Two day course
All sessions must be attended and coursework completed within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply).
Day 1: 11/10/2021 – 10:00-16:00
Day 2: 04/11/2021 – 10:00-16:00
This unit qualification provides learners with the knowledge and understanding of promoting health and well-being through nutrition and hydration.
By the end of the cause, learners will:
• Know the principles of a balanced diet
• Know the importance of special dietary requirements in health and social care settings
• Understand how to plan and promote a balanced diet in health and social care settings.
• Understand the principles of hydration
• Understand the importance of hydration in health and social care settings
• Know how to prevent malnutrition
• Understand the need to screen and monitor nutrition and hydration
Learners will be expected to attend all sessions, complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course