Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course explores what is meant by the term ‘mental health’ and considers the definition and causes of mental health difficulties. Delegates will explore mental health roles and responsibilities within statutory services. They will develop knowledge of how to promote help-seeking behaviours, explore barriers people experience when trying to access help and how help can be found across Hertfordshire
• Explain what is meant by Mental Health.
• Be aware of the personal and social effects of mental ill health
• Recognise signs, triggers and symptoms of mental ill-health
• How to promote help-seeking behaviours and emotional well-being practices
• Understanding barriers that are preventing people from seeking help and where help can be found in Hertfordshire.
• Understand mental health roles within statutory services
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality.
Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee of £50 for non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.