Understand the principles of positive behaviour support for Learning Disability Services (Level 2 Accredited course) – Cohort 1
18 June - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course is delivered over two sessions (18th,23rd June) and all sessions must be attended (T&C’s apply). This course has a coursework element which must be completed within 30 days of the course end date (T&C’s apply)
This course provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required in relation to positive behaviour support. Learners will gain knowledge of legislation, framework and policies which make base for PBS. Learners will explore different types of behaviour, what form and function does the behaviour hold for the individual. The course looks at proactive and reactive strategies and reasons for reinforcing positive behaviour with individuals.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
• Identify current legislation, frameworks, policies and codes of practice in relation to positive behaviour support.
• Explain behaviour as a means of expression.
• Describe strategies used to support positive behaviour.
• Define positive behaviour support.
• Identify how to respond to behaviour that challenges.
• Explain how to support individuals and others following an incident of behaviour that challenges.
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions and complete coursework within agreed timeframes (included T&C)
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course