- This course has passed.
Understand how to support positive behaviour (Accredited course) – Cohort 5
18 October - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Two day course at HCPA Campus
All sessions must be attended and coursework completed within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), and upon successful completion, delegates will receive an accredited unit certificate in this subject.
Day 1: 18/10/21 – 10:00 – 16:00
Day 2: 25/10/21 – 10:00 – 16:00
This course provides learners with the knowledge and understanding required to identify behavioural changes and triggers that may escalate behaviour.
Learners will explore different types of behaviour, and investigate how strategies and support plans can promote positive behaviour.
Learners will gain knowledge of legislation, framework and policies which make the base for PBS.
• Describe how to identify when an individual’s behaviour may escalate and how to respond
• Explain behaviour as a means of expression.
• Describe strategies to support positive behaviour
• Describe how the rights of individuals are protected
• Identify current legislation, frameworks, policies and codes of practice.
Learners will be expected to attend all sessions, complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality
A OneFile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course