- This course has passed.
Training Management – Developing the skills and knowledge of those responsible for their in-house training
12 September, 2019 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
2 day course (all dates must be attended)
Dates: 12th September and 30th October 2019
This course has been designed for all training coordinators who are responsible for managing their own organisational training needs. The course will support the delegate to ensure they have the right staff with the right skills in the right place, identify skills gaps and ensure there is suitable training for the whole team. Please note this is not a course for developing trainers, it is for those organising training.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop a business case for training and development
- Evaluate the importance of lifelong learning to organisations and individuals
- Explain the role of the Training Manager/Coordinator within an organisation
- Establish their favoured learning style by completing a questionnaire
- Critically compare the available development interventions
- Explain the purpose and four steps of evaluation
- Analyse completed training/development against intended outcomes
- Identify ways of measuring training effectiveness in financial terms and analyse cost implications
- Analyse the organisational impact of training
Requirements and Suitability
Learners should be willing and able to learn the training structures and to make changes to their current training processes. This course is suitable for those responsible for in-house training in their organisation and is available for any type of adult care service.