Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities (Level 2 Accredited course) – Cohort 2
4 May - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course is delivered over six sessions ( 4th,5th,6th,10th,11th,12th May 2021 ) and all sessions must be attended (T&C’s apply). This course has a coursework element which must be completed within 30 days of the course end date (T&C’s apply)
This qualification is suitable for people who come into contact with individuals with learning disabilities as part of their job. This could include people in community and volunteering roles or working in education, leisure and employment support.
The qualification provides essential knowledge and skills to anyone wanting to actively support individuals with learning disabilities. Units include: the meaning of learning disability, support, legislation, communication, and planning.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
– Review the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
– Explain principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
– Discuss principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
– Identify principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
– Summarise introductory awareness of models of disability
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to attend all sessions, complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality
Learners should have successfully completed Care Certificate training previously
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course