Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded*
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course covers the key principles of safeguarding and an individuals rights regarding capacity. It identifies different types of abuse, along with the signs and symptoms that might indicate abuse is occurring. It considers when individuals might be particularly vulnerable to abuse and what a care professional must do if abuse is suspected or alleged.
• Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
• Summarise how to respond to suspected or alleged abuse
• Identify the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
• Recognise ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse
• Explain how to recognise and report unsafe practices
• Recognise the principles of Mental Capacity and how this relates to effective safeguarding
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality.
*Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.