Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded
One day course at HCPA Campus
The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the principles of the safe administration of medication. It covers the process, routes and methods of administration and some of the more common side-effects and adverse reactions to medication.
• Understand the preparations to be taken prior to administrating medication
• Understand how medication is administered safely and in a way that meets individuals needs
• Understand how to support individuals to administer their own medication
• Understand the procedures to follow when there are problems with the administration of medication
• Understand how the effects of medication are monitored
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee of £50 for non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.