Principles of team leading (Level 2 Accredited qualification) – Cohort 2
2 July - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Three day course
All sessions must be attended and coursework completed within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply).
Day 1: 02/07/21 – 10:00 – 16:00
Day 2: 09/07/21 – 10:00 – 16:00
Day 3: 16/07/21 – 10:00 – 16:00
This course is aimed at care staff who are either progressing, or wish to progress to a Team Leader position. It is also useful for those already newly appointed to the role of Supervisor/Team Leader
This course will provide learners with an understanding of leadership styles within organisations.
Learners will develop knowledge of team dynamics and the techniques used to manage the work of teams. Learners will also gain an appreciation of the impact of change management and how a motivated team affects an organisation.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
• Have knowledge and understanding of different leadership styles within an organisation and be able to confidently use different leaderships styles.
• Have knowledge and understanding of team dynamics and explain and describe the purpose of different teams, along with team development and behaviour.
• Have knowledge and understanding of the techniques used to manage the work of teams and learners will be able to describe and use a range of techniques to monitor the flow of a team.
• Have knowledge and understanding of the impact of change management within a team and explain the importance of accepting positive change and how to implement change.
• Have knowledge and understanding of team motivation and understand the techniques that can be used to motivate staff and how having a motivated staff team supports an organisation.
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to attend all sessions, complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and be willing and able to implement the skills from the session
Learners attending this course should be working as a Team Leader or wishing to progress within their role.
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course