- This course has passed.
Principles of Safeguarding and Protection (Accredited course) – Cohort 8
18 October - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One day course at HCPA Campus
Coursework must be completed within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), and upon successful completion, delegates will receive an accredited unit certificate in this subject.
This course identifies different types of abuse and the signs and symptoms that might indicate abuse is occurring. It considers when individuals might be particularly vulnerable to abuse and what a learner must do if abuse is suspected or alleged
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
– Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
– Summarise how to respond to suspected or alleged abuse
– Identify the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
– Recognise ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse
– Explain how to recognise and report unsafe practices
Learners will be expected to complete coursework within agreed timeframes (T&C’s apply), be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality
A Onefile (e-portfolio) profile will be created on the learners behalf to support them in the completion of their course