- This course has passed.
Nutrition (Learning Disability Focus)
14 November, 2019 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course will help delegates identify clients with a learning disability at nutritional risk and the medication that impacts nutritional status. The course will also cover areas such as principles of a health and balanced diet, menu planning, overcoming barriers to healthy eating, cooking clubs, and nutrition themed activities.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Critique and improve the current menu provision for clients with Learning Disabilities
- Identify medication that impacts on nutritional status
- Describe the Eatwell Guide
- Assess whether clients are having a balanced diet
- Develop an action plan to promote healthy eating
- Plan a variety of nutrition themed activities
- Identify where to obtain relevant information and resources relevant to nutrition and Learning Disabilities
Requirements and Suitability
This course is suitable for learners working within a adult disability support setting. Delegates are expected to develop an action plan to enhance the nutritional care and safety of clients within their service.
» Cancellation policy applies
Disclaimer: Please note that this course is fully funded for Standard, Silver and Gold members only. Associate Members will incur a cost for this training. For more details, please email email@example.com before booking.`