- This course has passed.
Moving and Handling Governance for Managers Cohort 3
1 November - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
This half day course will train managers and leaders across all care settings to improve the governance of Moving and handling. Attendees will be sent a Moving and Handling Toolkit, with strategy ideas, competency forms, information about liability and more. These will be sent ahead of time for completion to review during the session.
In this session we will look at creating new policies, procedures, competencies, and how to ensure auditing is being carried out correctly.
By the end of the course learners will:
- To understand the roles and responsibilities, of both internal trainers and external trainers
- To understand the legal implications of poor M&A practice
- To understand how to review and update existing M&A Governance, including Policy and Procedures
- To understand how to complete the M&A governance assurance toolkit
- To understand impact of lack of movement and how to take positive risks
- To understand how and when to review equipment and when to refer to health professionals
- To understand how to build relationships with health professionals
- To understand the importance of auditing the M&A practice of staff members
Requirements and expectations
Learners will be expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, share their own experiences of working in the care sector, whilst respecting confidentiality, and to share best practice examples Leaners must be a leader or manager within there organisation who can implement change.
Learners will be expected to complete the Moving and Handling Manager Governance toolkit prior to attending the session- This will be sent out two weeks prior to the session or upon booking.
Please note you do not need to have an in house Moving and Handling trainer.