- This course has passed.
Menu Planning and Special Diets (For Adult Disability Support Services)
4 November - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
During this course, delegates will gain knowledge and an appreciation of the importance of providing and assisting in the provision of a balanced diet for their service users through effective menu planning. Menu planning is the cornerstone of providing a varied and healthy diet and meeting the needs of those service users following special and therapeutic diets. Common dietary restrictions and modifications followed by clients will be explained and discussed.
- Critique the current menu provision for service users with a Learning Disability
- Formulate or improve current menu plans for service users that meet appropriate nutritional guidelines
- Recognise and state the most common special diets followed by service users with a Learning Disability
- Describe the practical implications of the dietary provision for service users following a specific therapeutic diet
- Develop an action plan to improve the provision and understanding of the needs of service users on special diets through menu evaluation and planning
Requirements and Suitability
Suitable for any staff working within an Adult Disability Support Service
Please note this course was originally booked for the 1st November but has been moved to the 4th November