Course fee: Standard: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded*
One day course at HCPA Campus
This course is for those in a leadership role, with responsibility for mental capacity assessments.
Throughout the course, delegates will discuss:
• The History of the Mental Capacity Act
• Best Practice Principles and Code of Conduct
• Responsibilities under the MCA and applying the principles.
• Assessments of Capacity and Best Interests Decisions
• Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) and the Court of Protection
• Understand roles and responsibilities under the act and how to apply the principles in practice
• Understand best practice principles and how to embed these into practice
• Understand Best Interest Decisions and have confidence to make these where required, using relevant law and legislation
• Understand how the MCA code of practice is used and how this protects care professionals
• Understand restrictive practice and the law.
• Understand Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) and the role of the Court of Protection
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
*Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.