- This course has passed.
Managing mental health at work: the role of the manager
11 September, 2019 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Did you know that one in four people in the UK will have a mental health problem at some point and, whether work is causing the health issue or aggravating it, employers have a legal responsibility to help their employees? (source: www.hse.gov.uk)
This course aims to raise managers’ awareness of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, and to highlight the importance of adapting the culture in order to support staff with mental health.
- What is mental health in the workplace?
- The statistics about mental health in the workplace
- What does the law say?
- Having difficult conversations with staff
- Sign posting staff to the right places for support
- Adapting workplace culture to support staff with mental health
Requirements and Suitability
This course is suitable for managers, or those in a leadership role, who oversee the management of people.