Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
22 January, 2020 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
22nd January, 10th, 24th February and 4th March 2019 (Must attend all dates)
This level 3 qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and experience to appropriately assess the vocational achievements of staff in the workplace.
It is suitable for learners who want to work towards a qualification in assessing, as it allows learners to evidence understanding of the theory of practices, as well as demonstrating competency as an assessor. It can be used to assess industry standard skills, providing the learner has the equivalent, or ideally, a higher level qualification.
Delegates completing this course will be able to strengthen their decision-making skills, developing their careers as an assessor. This course focuses on delegates being able to assess the Care certificate, as well as other mandatory training competencies.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify types of assessment methods and how to plan assessments
- Explain how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
- Demonstrate how to make assessment decisions
- Support implementation of the Quality assurance process using a range of assessment methods
- Explain how to manage information relating to assessment
- Summarise the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Requirements & Suitability
This course is suitable for senior carers, nurses, advanced champions and managers working within any type of adult care service who are teaching, coaching or training staff within their organisations.
Delegates are expected to assess the competency of two members of staff undertaking the care certificate, a formal qualification or completing competencies within the workplace.