Course fee: Non-member: £75 | Associate Member: £56 | ACE Member: £51 | HCPA Member: Fully funded*
One day course at HCPA Campus
The aim of the course is to provide Care professionals with a baseline level of knowledge of the principles of infection prevention control in the care setting.
The course is suitable for any staff working in the care sector either as an introduction to IPC or as a refresher of existing knowledge.
• Identify causes of infection, how infections are spread and how to break the chain of infection
• Identify the standard infection prevention control precautions and how these relate to practice
• Explain the importance of correct hand hygiene and the steps of effective hand hygiene
• Demonstrate correct PPE selection and donning and doffing technique
• Describe the importance of recognising soft signs of infection
Delegates are expected to be engaged in learning, participate in all activities including group discussions, and share their own experiences, whilst respecting confidentiality.
*Please note: As per our T&C’s, this course carries a fee in the event of non-attendance, non-completion or late cancellation.
Please note: Bookings of more than two delegates per site may be amended to allow access to all member organisations at the discretion of HCPA.
Delegates who are late may not be admitted into the training and a cost incurred.